Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Flash Install Issues

I downloaded the Flash CS3 trial last week, I couldn't wait for the real software to be shipped to me. So when I finally got the full version, (for PC) it came on a DVD. The PC that I have at work doesn't have a CD. So I burned the contents of the DVD onto a CD and tried running the installation. It wouldn't work. Every time I launched the installer, I got a progress bar and then it would disappear and nothing else would happen.

So I called Adobe - I've never had a problem with an installation before - and the support person told me to boot in safe mode and try to uninstall the trial version. Every time I tried that, my machine crashed. Piece of crap. He then pointed me to a script that's available on the support site that eliminates any CS3 trial software. http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

At first, the link above gave me a not found error. The next day, I found and ran the script and then tried the installer again. No luck. So I figured I'd try to run the installer from the trial and then just input the serial number. I tried that and it still didn't work.

After a few reboots, I ran the clean script again. This time, it ran much slower and gave more detailed information about what it was removing. Once again, I launched the installer from the trial download and this time it finally worked.

Wacky.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home