Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Flash CS4 Interface

I've been using Flash CS4 for a while now and I'd have to say that the biggest complaint I have is the interface. I understand Adobe's move here, but I feel very restricted by the environment, as if there isn't enough room to get my work done. There still isn't a logical place to keep the Actions Panel, Timeline, and Stage in view. Those, I feel, are the most important panels to me.

Another troubling aspect of this version is the shift in paradigm on the Tool panel. I'm so used to looking for the vertical Tool panel, that sometimes I forget where the tools are. Then actually finding the tools I need to use becomes an issue.

Granted, there are other Workspaces in the Window menu, but they don't seem to suit my needs. What are your thoughts on the new interface?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The interface in Flash CS4 is fully customizable. Move the panels to where you want them, set the tools palette to the old way and save your workspace layout. Done. Easy.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home